Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Jordan’s session 13 May 2020
Led by Jordan, this 50-minute workout contains many different movements to improve your overall general fitness. The first workout contains three exercises that combine strength, functional and cardio work. At first you’ll be moving slowly with the upper body, then slowly with the lower body, before finishing the round off with a faster movement targeting the whole body. This trio of exercises has been designed to mimic the way you move in day to day life, which is never static and constantly varied. As a result, you’ll be improving your general physical preparedness, which will make moving around in daily life easier.
The second workout aims to strengthen your upper body, core and balance. Again, you’ll be working through three exercises that will get you moving at different speeds and intensities, essentially helping you prepare for everyday life. It is very important to have a strong core and good balance as the former helps to protect the lower back and the latter reduces the risk of falling. Both of these, combined with strong muscles from the strength work and a healthy heart from the cardiovascular work, makes this a very well rounded session.
We’d love to have your comments on the session and please don’t forget to subscribe to the FIT FOR GOOD YouTube Channel!
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME