Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Jordan’s session 27 May 2020
Led by Jordan, this 45-minute session contains six varied movements in a circuit format to give you a balanced full-body workout. After the warm-up, you’ll be combining cardiovascular work with an upper-body strength movement, some core work, a functional movement, balance practice and mid-session flexibility work. Prepare to move at different speeds throughout, targeting different muscles and utilising various movement patterns to work the entire body. You’ll enjoy the feeling of accomplishment when you’ve finished the workout as your body will feel open and free after moving it in so many different ways.
You’ll then have a nice stretch at the end to gradually lower the heart rate and relax the body. Have fun!
We’d love to have your comments on the session and please don’t forget to subscribe to the FIT FOR GOOD YouTube Channel!
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME