Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Mira’s session 17 April 2020
Led by Mira, this 50-minute whole body low to medium intensity workout covers some of the major fitness areas with a focus on posture and shoulder mobility.
The session starts with a warm-up with cardio work elements for balance and mobility. At the heart of today’s session is a strength and core workout for correct posture and shoulder mobility. The first circuit contains specially selected postural exercises aiming at strengthening and toning up the upper body (back, shoulders, chest) and improving your posture, as well as core work.
The second circuit is focused on rotator cuff and posterior chain. As the rotator cuff is the main stabiliser of the shoulder joint, the strength training focuses on maintaining the muscle mass in this area and increasing the elasticity of the rotator cuff tendons. The session ends with a gentle stretching routine.
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME