This is an excellent exercise to strengthen muscles which help you stay upright – and it can be done almost anywhere.
- Stand holding the back of a chair, a sofa or a countertop
- Lift up onto your tip toes, hold for a few seconds then go back done again
- Repeat ten times once or twice a day to help improve your balance
- When you feel confident, you can try going backwards, onto your heels, then back onto your tip toes
Please let us know how you get on!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
FIT FOR GOOD online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to the weekly FIT FOR GOOD newsletter for our latest news.
We'd love to see photos!
If you're enjoying FIT FOR GOOD online, we’d love to see you via pictures or videos – we are regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone that could take pictures or a video clip? Please send here.