Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Varied full body workout 17 March 2021
Led by Jordan, this 32-minute session is for older adults who are looking for a varied full body workout.
In today’s session, you’ll be going through two mini-circuits that cover the entire body. You’ll be training a number of fitness modalities. These including cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, balance practice, posture correction, core stability and functional movement. Overall, the goal is to improve your general physical preparedness. In other words, training the body to be prepared for anything that life throws at it. By combining all of these fitness modalities with a varied full body workout, you’ll not only feel as if you’ve worked hard but you’ll have fun while doing it. And at the end of all the hard work, you’ll be rewarded with a nice stretch to cool down.
We’d love to have your comments on this varied full body workout. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Fit For Good YouTube Channel! Please do consider donating to Fit For Good to help us continue to provide FREE sessions.
What is Fit For Good?
Research supports the fact that regular exercise is vital to good health and helps control the ageing process. Fit For Good sessions are specifically designed to help men and women over 60 take more control over how they age, and enjoy becoming more mobile, stable and socially active.
Although we all understand that exercise is essential for living well into old age, it’s hard to find a way to make it part of daily life. Fit For Good sessions aim to help you enjoy healthier, happier ageing. Our professional trainers guide you. During each workout, you gain strength, balance, flexibility and stamina. You work at your own pace and your own ability – although it’s always good to push yourself just slightly to gain maximum benefit.
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME