Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
AMRAP exercise workout for over 60s 12 May 2021
Today you’ll be taking on the AMRAP exercise format. This 30-minute session is for over 60s looking to improve speed through a fun and varied workout format.
AMRAP stands for ‘As Many Rounds As Possible’ and is exactly that. Led by Jordan, you’ll work through three exercises for a specified number of reps under a time limit. The aim is to get as many rounds as possible. You’ll have four attempts at the AMRAP in question and will have a short rest in-between each one. This ensures you’ll be adequately recovered before having another shot. The benefit of today’s workout is that it will help towards improving your speed. If you don’t feel like scoring today, don’t worry as you can just enjoy the workout at your own pace. No matter how you tackle this workout – fast, moderate or slow – your cardiovascular fitness, strength and functional movement patterns will benefit from the exercises in question.
We’d love to have your comments on this AMRAP exercise session. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Fit For Good YouTube Channel! Please do consider donating to Fit For Good to help us continue to provide FREE sessions.
What is Fit For Good?
Research supports the fact that regular exercise is vital to good health and helps control the ageing process. Fit For Good sessions are specifically designed to help men and women over 60 take more control over how they age, and enjoy becoming more mobile, stable and socially active.
Although we all understand that exercise is essential for living well into old age, it’s hard to find a way to make it part of daily life. Fit For Good sessions aim to help you enjoy healthier, happier ageing. Our professional trainers guide you. During each workout, you gain strength, balance, flexibility and stamina. You work at your own pace and your own ability – although it’s always good to push yourself just slightly to gain maximum benefit.
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME