Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Jordan’s session 10 June 2020
Led by Jordan, this 50-minute workout is aimed at improving your upper and lower body strength, with a focus on the arms, shoulders, back, hips and legs. Strength training helps to build strength and muscle mass, which in turns helps to preserve bone density and reduce the risk of osteoporosis. Your aim is to move slowly throughout today’s session to show that you can control your muscles under tension, which will further help towards the strength-building process.
It’s simple: the first workout will focus on the upper body and the second workout will focus on the lower body. Furthermore, within these strength movements, you’ll find that you’ll also be working on improving your postural muscles for better alignment, balance for fall prevention and functional movement patterns to make everyday tasks easier.
We’d love to have your comments on the session and please don’t forget to subscribe to the FIT FOR GOOD YouTube Channel!
Leave a Comment
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME
Great session Jordan thank you
Thanks Jordan ,all these sessions are keeping me going . I always feel better when I have completed one !
Thank you for all the sessions, they are helping us both to tolerate all the lockdowns
Hope you and your family stay safe and keeping Sid happy
Chris and Pam
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you are enjoying the sessions and that they’re getting you through lockdown. Keep up the hard work!
It was a great session today. Upper and lower body strength exercises are just what I need.
Thank you so much.