Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Jordan’s session 15 April 2020
Led by Jordan, this 45-minute session places heavy emphasis on squat technique. After a simple aerobic warm-up, you’ll be focusing on slowing down and perfecting the technical aspect of the movement. Squats are a great functional exercise as we perform them every day without even realising. It is important that we make the movement as efficient as possible as this reduces the chance of injury in day-to-day life and creates a nice stable foundation in the legs, knees and ankles.
Afterwards, you’ll be doing three rounds of cardiovascular work with some functional strength thrown in the mix. You’ll get the chance to put your squats to the test whilst under fatigue, which will require you to focus and slow things down so that your technique is as perfect as possible. When this has been completed you’ll be finishing on some simple postural work to strengthen the muscles in the back which we tend to neglect in everyday life.
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME