Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Jordan’s session 22 April 2020
Led by Jordan, this 45-minute session is an effective full-body workout that combines many movements with various forms of fitness.
After the warm-up, the first workout will help you build functional strength through the Sit To Stand exercise, which is a movement pattern that we use in everyday life. This has been coupled with a Seated Core Hold to get the midline working and strengthen your core muscles. The aim of the workout is to control the movements by focusing on perfect technique and slowing things down.
The second workout combines a mixture of upper body strength work with a cardiovascular exercise and a balancing movement. Here you’ll be working at different speeds and intensities, which will get the heart rate up and improve your general physical preparedness. The balance work is in there to get you more stable on your feet and reduce your risk of falling over in the long run.
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME