Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Jordan’s session 3 June 2020
Led by Jordan, this 45-minute workout involves some fitness fun with the Star Jump Challenge!
Before that, you’ll be working through four movements that all challenge different areas of your fitness: strength, functional movement patterns, cardiovascular conditioning and balance work. The purpose of this is to mirror movement patterns in everyday life, which are always random and involve different muscle groups working at varying intensities. The end goal here is to make everyday tasks easier as you are conditioning your body to move at different speeds at different intensities without much rest in-between.
After that, you’ll be onto the Star Jump Challenge! How many star jumps can you perform in 20 seconds? Can you repeat this every minute on the minute for the next five minutes? Give it a go, have some fun and let us know how you get on.
We’d love to have your comments on the session and please don’t forget to subscribe to the FIT FOR GOOD YouTube Channel!
Leave a Comment
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME
Good workout again thanks Jordan
Hard work as I am just getting back into it ! Thanks Jordan , it was great .
Yet another great workout Jordan, thank you. As always, clear instructions making the exercises easy to follow. Very much appreciate these but still looking forward to getting back to class!
I am glad you are enjoying the sessions and feeling the benefits. Keep up the hard work as regular exercise is integral to physical and mental well-being, which is even more important during these times.
Had a walk before the rain. Then did your great work out. Maggie May by Rod Stewart on UK Gold was playing. Now working up to house work.