Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Jordan’s session 6 May 2020
Led by Jordan, this 50-minute video is split into three sections, all of which focus on a different area of fitness.
After the warm-up, you’ll be doing a short yet fast-paced cardiovascular workout, where you’ll alternate between two movements. This is a great way to improve your general fitness as well as heart health, so prepare to get your body moving!
Next, you’ll be working on two upper body exercises in a slower-paced strength workout, focusing on the shoulders and postural muscles. Finally, you’ll spend 10 minutes practising your squat technique. The bodyweight squat is a functional movement that we perform in everyday life without even realising, and by strengthening the movement pattern and working the required muscles correctly, you are reducing your risk of injury and falling over in day to day life.
We’d love to have your comments on the session and don’t forget to subscribe to the FIT FOR GOOD YouTube Channel!
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME