Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Jordan’s flexibility session 15 February 2021
This 25-minute session focuses on lower body stretching for seniors. Led by Jordan, it’s perfect for over 60s who experience tightness and stiffness in the lower body.
You’ll work through a number of relaxing stretches that focus on the glutes, hamstrings, quads, knees, ankles and toes. By stretching these muscle groups in succession, you’ll feel a welcome release throughout the entirety of the lower body. If you have lower back pain or sciatica, you may find that the related symptoms are not as severe by the end of the session. The stretches in this session are perfect if you have done a lot of walking lately, or conversely have been more sedentary than usual.
We’d love to have your comments on this session of lower body stretching for seniors. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Fit For Good YouTube Channel! Please do consider donating to Fit For Good so that we can carry on providing FREE sessions.
What is Fit For Good?
Research supports the fact that regular exercise is vital to good health and helps control the ageing process. Fit For Good is a programme specifically designed to help men and women over 60, of all abilities, take more control over how they age and enjoy becoming more mobile, more stable and more socially active.
Although we all understand that exercise is essential for living well into old age, it’s hard to find a way to make it part of daily life. Fit For Good sessions aim to help you enjoy healthier, happier ageing. Our professional trainers guide you. You gain strength, balance, flexibility and stamina during each workout. You work at your own pace and your own ability – although it’s always good to push yourself just slightly to gain maximum benefit.
Leave a Comment
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME
Thanks for another lovely class Jordan. Really appreciate the time you take to explain the benefits and alternatives.. hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel whereby classes can restart again, but again, thank you for sending these…
Hi Julie, thank you for the kind feedback. I am glad you are enjoying the sessions. Hopefully I’ll see you soon when we are able to return to our in-person sessions.