Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Mira’s seated session 16 July 2020
Led by Mira, this is a 50-minute all seated, strength-based workout for full-body toning up. It is perfect if you are dealing with injury, limited mobility or balance issues.
The session starts with a warm-up for gentle pulse-raising which progresses into a purely strength-based workout for upper/lower body and core toning up. The main workout consists of 2 rounds of 8 exercises selected for their simplicity and effectiveness to tone up your entire body. The session ends with a short, efficient stretching routine for tension relief.
We’d love to have your comments on the session and don’t forget to subscribe to the FIT FOR GOOD YouTube Channel! Please do consider donating to FIT FOR GOOD so that we can carry on providing FREE sessions.
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME