Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Mira’s seated session 25 June 2020
Led by Mira, this is a 50-minute all-seated, full-body workout that will stimulate your body’s natural detox process by challenging your cardio and strength endurance. It is perfect if you are dealing with injury, limited mobility or balance issues.
Mira takes you through a fun-filled warm-up using various signature dance style movements performed seated to encourage mobility and coordination.
This is followed by a whole-body workout for cardio and strength endurance that will kickstart your body’s natural detox process. Circuit one focuses on your cardio fitness by encouraging various movements inspired by the popular Charleston dance style. Circuit two is based on strength movements promoting rotations, bends and motion in the spine, stimulating the detox process.
The session ends with an efficient stretching routine using some twisting postures with detoxing effect; eg gentle compression and movement in the torso helps our digestive system move waste and toxins more efficiently.
We’d love to have your comments on the session and don’t forget to subscribe to the FIT FOR GOOD YouTube Channel! Please do consider donating to FIT FOR GOOD on our website so that we can carry on providing FREE sessions.
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME