Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Mira’s session 24 April 2020
Led by Mira, this 50-minute full-body, low impact, medium intensity workout will benefit your cardiovascular endurance, functional strength, core stability and balance as well as improving your range of movement.
Mira takes you through a special warm-up using a bar (stick) to encourage correct shoulder set up, posture and shoulder mobility. This is followed by interval cardiovascular training to assist your coordination and stamina. The session continues with resistance training based on super sets for functional strength, especially for shoulders and back, as well as strength training for legs with balance elements. Core training is a major focus with a fun range of core exercises back to back for building intensity, and therefore developing core strength for better posture and balance. The session ends with a short, efficient stretching routine.
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME