Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Seated workout for the whole body 8 May 2021
Led by Mira, this is a 30-minute full body all seated workout for functional strength, mobility and stability. It’s a good option for those of you dealing with injury, limited mobility or balance issues.
Mira takes you through a range of exercises that incorporate your whole body, starting with an in-depth warm up. The major component of this session is strength and core training aimied at developing your functional strength and stronger core for better balance. The session ends with gentle stretching for cooling down and increasing your range of flexibility.
We’d love to have your comments on this all seated workout. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Fit For Good YouTube Channel! Please do consider donating to Fit For Good to help us continue to provide FREE sessions.
What is Fit For Good?
Research supports the fact that regular exercise is vital to good health and helps control the ageing process. Designed to help men and women over 60, Fit For Good sessions allow you to take more control over how you age. You can enjoy becoming more mobile, stable and socially active.
Although we all understand that exercise is essential for living well into old age, it’s hard to find a way to make it part of daily life. Fit For Good sessions aim to help you enjoy healthier, happier ageing. Our professional trainers guide you. You gain strength, balance, flexibility and stamina during each workout. You work at your own pace and your own ability – although it’s always good to push yourself just slightly to gain maximum benefit.
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME