Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Jordan’s flexibility session 22 February 2021
Led by Jordan, this flexibility fitness session is for over 60s who are looking for a relaxing full body stretch.
In today’s 25-minute session you’ll be following along with Jordan. He’ll helps you stretch, quite literally from top to bottom. You’ll start with the head and neck, working your way down through the shoulders, core, lower back and hamstrings, quads and hips, glutes and IT band, before finishing the session by stretching the toes. The result of which is a relaxing full body stretch that will leave you feeling supple and mobile.
We’d love to have your comments on this flexibility fitness session for over 60s. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Fit For Good YouTube Channel! Please do consider donating to Fit For Good so that we can carry on providing FREE sessions.
What is Fit For Good?
Research supports the fact that regular exercise is vital to good health and helps control the ageing process. Fit For Good is a programme specifically designed to help men and women over 60, of all abilities, take more control over how they age and enjoy becoming more mobile, more stable and more socially active.
Although we all understand that exercise is essential for living well into old age, it’s hard to find a way to make it part of daily life. Fit For Good sessions aim to help you enjoy healthier, happier ageing. Our professional trainers guide you. You gain strength, balance, flexibility and stamina during each workout. You work at your own pace and your own ability – although it’s always good to push yourself just slightly to gain maximum benefit.
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME
Leave a Comment