Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Mira’s session 31 July 2020
Improve your cardiovascular health, core stability and body strength with this single weight intensive session. The 50-minute, full-body kettlebell workout for fat burning and lean muscle is the perfect exercise for the over 60s.
Mira takes you through a warm-up to prepare your body by replicating some of the movements used in the main workout.
This is followed by a kettlebell workout (grab your big liquid detergent bottle) for cardio, core and strength endurance. Using a kettlebell involve a lot of movement so your body is forced to use more effort to complete the exercise giving you a great cardio workout. Also, your core muscles will have to constantly be firing to stabilise you as using the kettlebell will change your centre of gravity. There are 4 rounds (intensive 20 seconds work with 10 seconds rest intervals) of the same 4 pairs of compound strength movements to hit simultaneously a few muscle groups to help improve fat burning and building of lean muscles.
The session ends with a gentle stretching routine for muscle tension relief.
We’d love to have your comments on the session and don’t forget to subscribe to the FIT FOR GOOD YouTube Channel! Please do consider donating to FIT FOR GOOD so that we can carry on providing FREE sessions.
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME
Leave a Comment