Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Jordan’s session 15 July 2020
Led by Jordan, this 50-minute workout will take you back to basics with a full-body circuit.
Sometimes it’s easy to get caught up doing complex workouts and that’s absolutely fine as it’s great to add variance to your fitness routine. However, sometimes it’s important not to over-complicate things and that’s what this session is all about, as you’ll be doing a simple yet effective full-body circuit.
Prepare yourself for a combination of strength, functional, cardiovascular and balance exercises over the course of 21 minutes, where you’ll be challenging different aspects of your fitness by moving at different intensities. There are squats, presses, pulls, holds and aerobic movements for you to work through, which are essential movements to build a strong fitness foundation. It’s a fun, simple and effective session that’ll get you working hard before having a nice stretch to finish off.
We’d love to have your comments on the session and don’t forget to subscribe to the FIT FOR GOOD YouTube Channel! Please do consider donating to FIT FOR GOOD so that we can carry on providing FREE sessions.
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME