Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Jordan’s session 24 June 2020
Led by Jordan, this 50-minute workout contains a mix of cardiovascular conditioning, core stability and functional movement. The first workout is in the format of an AMRAP – As Many Rounds As Possible. You’ll be performing three cardiovascular movements for a specified amount of reps as many times as you can in a set timeframe. This format is great as it allows you to work at your own pace and set your own limits – your aim is to get the same amount of rounds every time across three attempts.
The second workout is a core & functional superset. You’ll be holding a core stabilising movement for a set amount of time before resting and then performing a functional movement at a slow and controlled pace. Both of the movements that you’ll be doing are very important in creating a strong and functional body. The core movement is there to build midline stabilisation and protect the lower back, and the functional movement aims to mirror and strengthen movement patterns we use in day-to-day life, which will make everyday tasks easier.
After you have completed both of the workouts you will have a nice and relaxing stretch to open up the body and to cool down from all the hard work you put in.
We’d love to have your comments on the session and don’t forget to subscribe to the FIT FOR GOOD YouTube Channel! Please do consider donating to FIT FOR GOOD on our website so that we can carry on providing FREE sessions.
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME