Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Jordan’s squat technique
In this short session, Jordan explains how to perfect your squat technique. Squats are a great functional exercise which we perform every day without even realising. The better you are at squatting the more likely you will be able to get up and down from the ground without injury. A good squat technique also decreases your chance of falling because it strengthens the legs, knees and ankles. It’s important that we make the movement as efficient as possible as this creates a stable foundation in the lower body.
We’d love to have your comments on the session and don’t forget to subscribe to the FIT FOR GOOD YouTube Channel! Please do consider donating to FIT FOR GOOD so that we can carry on providing FREE sessions.
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME
Leave a Comment