Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Mira’s seated session 26 November 2020
Led by Mira, this seated exercise for over 60s includes a whole body workout designed to strengthen your core and upper and lower body. The 30-minute session will help you increase your overall body strength, endurance and stability. It’s perfect if you’re dealing with injury, limited mobility or balance issues.
Mira takes you through a dynamic warm up for muscle activation and coordination. This is followed by interval training for strength and core endurance which consists of two rounds of six exercises to work your core, shoulders, back and legs. The session ends with a short, gentle stretching routine.
We’d love to have your comments on this all seated exercise for over 60s. Don’t forget to subscribe to the FIT FOR GOOD YouTube Channel! Please do consider donating to FIT FOR GOOD so that we can carry on providing FREE sessions.
What is FIT FOR GOOD?
Research supports the fact that regular exercise is vital to good health and helps control the ageing process. FIT FOR GOOD is a programme specifically designed to help men and women over 60, of all abilities, take more control over how they age and enjoy becoming more mobile, more stable and more socially active.
Although we all understand that exercise is essential for living well into old age, it’s hard to find a way to make it part of daily life. FIT FOR GOOD sessions aim to help you enjoy healthier, happier ageing. Our professional trainers guide you. You gain strength, balance, flexibility and stamina during each workout. You work at your own pace and your own ability – although it’s always good to push yourself just slightly to gain maximum benefit.
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME
Leave a Comment