Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Mira’s seated session 9 April 2020
This 45-minute low impact, low to moderate intensity, whole-body workout for older adults is completely seated so you can feel comfortable as Mira takes you through a range of exercises.
Chair-based sessions offer an effective way to exercise especially if you are in need of gentle training for toning up and general conditioning. They can help those with mobility limitations and joint issues or if recovering from injuries or illness.
The session starts with a gentle in-depth warm-up followed by an emphasis on cardiovascular interval training for improving stamina and mobility. Another major component to this session is strength and core training aimed at developing your functional strength and stronger core for better balance. The session ends with a gentle chair-based stretch for cooling down and increasing your range of flexibility.
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME