Free Online Fitness Session
for older adults
Jordan’s session 1 July 2020
Led by Jordan, this 50-minute session contains six movements that will help to improve your strength, balance, core stability and cardiovascular conditioning. Working on these specific components is not only important in the maintenance of bone health but also ensures stability through the trunk, hips, knees and ankles. This helps towards fall prevention, which is increasingly integral as we age. You’ll also be doing some cardiovascular conditioning to help strengthen the most important muscle in the body – the heart. The combination of all of these movements will not only enable you to feel stronger and more stable but will also make you fitter, which will give you more energy in day-to-day life.
After all the hard work is over, you’ll finish the session with a gentle cool down and stretch to improve your flexibility and reduce stiffness.
We’d love to have your comments on the session and don’t forget to subscribe to the FIT FOR GOOD YouTube Channel! Please do consider donating to FIT FOR GOOD on our website so that we can carry on providing FREE sessions.
Try another session
SUPPORT FIT FOR GOOD
Please help us continue to offer our programme of free sessions. Thank you!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR SESSION
Fit For Good online sessions are a convenient, enjoyable way of improving your fitness and helping to increase your strength, stability and balance.
To make the most of each session:
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that's another option
- Check the floor where you are exercising is not slippery and that there is nothing you could trip over
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable trainers or shoes
- Keep a glass or bottle of water to hand to ensure you stay hydrated
- Have a chair or other stable object to hold onto if necessary
- Place your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you - where you can easily reach them, but won't trip over them
- Exercise within your comfort zone, pausing the video whenever you need to rest or hydrate
- Play background music if it helps you relax
WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
If you're enjoying Fit For Good online sessions, we’d love to see you via photos or videos – we're regularly asked by news sources for images of people doing the sessions. Perhaps someone in your household has a phone and could take pictures or a video clip? Please send them here.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAMME