FIT FOR GOOD online offers you the chance to undertake FREE exercise sessions in your own home with your favourite trainers who will lead you through each session, helping you gain strength, flexibility and stamina.
Each trainer has their own style so chose the sessions that best suit you.
We’ll be posting new videos on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays to help you establish a regular fitness routine. To help us stay in touch with you, and for you to catch up with each other, we’ll also be hosting a communal chat via Zoom at 10:45am on each of these days just before the video goes live. Learn more about getting ready for your session and accessing the Zoom call here.
30 March 2020
Led by Rob, this is a 40 minute whole-body exercise routine for older adults aimed at helping with balance and the cardiovascular system (heart and lungs).
Following a gentle warm-up, two different sets of circuits will help tone up and strengthen both the upper and lower body, followed by a cool down. Instead of dumbbells, you could use a couple of cans of baked beans or soup or two water bottles to make the exercises more beneficial.
27 March 2020
Led by Mira, this is a low impact whole body workout that focuses on all key elements for ageing better: cardiovascular endurance, strength and core stability, balance and flexibility.
Mira takes you through a warm-up, followed by a cardio workout consisting of interval drills with recovery breaks for improving cardio endurance and mobility. The strength and core components of the session develop your functional strength and a stronger core for better balance. The balance and flexibility part of the workout targets your proprioception (yes, this is a real word) and helps reduce muscle tension and increase your range of movement.
24 March 2020
23 March 2020
Getting ready for your online session
- Position your computer, laptop, iPad or phone on a stable surface near the chair or sofa where you will be working. If you can get YouTube on your television, that is another option
- Have your weights - whether they are actual dumbbells, cans of beans, bottles of water or whatever works for you, where you can easily reach them - but won't trip over them
- Make sure you have some water to drink nearby so you stay hydrated
To access the Zoom call
Zoom is a video conferencing tool that is very easy to use, and very good to know about as it’s a great way to speak to your whole family or several friends, at once.
To participate in the Zoom call
- Go to https://zoom.us/ on your PC, and click on sign up.
- Add your email address or click sign in via Google or Facebook and follow the instructions
- To participate via an iMac, iPad or mobile, go to the app store and download the Zoom app. Once it’s been downloaded, click to open the app and sign in
- For any of the devices, you’ll need an invitation to join FIT FOR GOOD at 10:45. If you’d like to participate, just email us here with 'ZOOM INVITATION' in the subject header
- Once you receive the invitation, all you have to do is click on the link under 'Join Zoom Meeting' and enter the Meeting ID from the invitation at 10:45am on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays